The First Sea Lord’s Digital Media Award is made to the team or person who, in the opinion of the Awards Committee, has made the most constructive contribution to generating awareness of current maritime issues specifically produced and uploaded through digital media outlets.
In making the Award, the Awards Committee will consider
- the relevance of the topic chosen and its importance to maritime issues;
- the self-contained coherent purpose implicit in the design;
- the quality of the material presented;
- the depth and originality in which the story line has been developed; and
- the impact on awareness and individual commitment.
Further, the Awards Committee will consider
- how the digital media presentation connects with its target audience, so that the age group to which it is directed appreciates its significance;
- the length, ingenuity, innovation and complexity of the entry, which might include a comprehensive website, journalism, film, lecture, podcast, social media feeds, or other related digital output; and
- the level of favourable feedback received, including the number of ‘hits’.
Nominations should be submitted as a valid web URL, or in CD or DVD format.
The prize is a Whitechapel bell.